What Information We Collect & How We Collect It
We collect and receive certain information about you as you interact with our Site, as explained in this section.
Information You Provide Us
Information Collected and Stored as You Access and Use the Site
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us via our Site, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Site ("Usage Information"). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a "Device") whenever you visit or interact with our Site. To the extent we associate Usage Information with your Personal Information we collect directly from you on the Site, we will treat it as Personal Information.
This Usage Information may include:
- your IP address, UDID or another unique identifier ("Device Identifier"). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Site, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the areas within our Site that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- recorded browsing sessions while on our Site;
- your Device location;
- your Device characteristics; and
- certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information ("Tracking Technologies"). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. The information we collect using tracking technologies is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable, but we may link it to personal information that you provide with other data we maintain about you. A few of the Tracking Technologies used on the Site, include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
- Cookies - A "cookie" is a small file placed on your device when you visit a site that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use various types of cookies to help us support features and functionality of this Site, collect information about the ways visitors use this Site, personalize your experience when you use this Site, and Improve our marketing efforts. Cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies on your Device, some parts of our Site may not function properly. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit the Site, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of the Site if your browser rejects our cookies
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as "1x1 GIFs" or "clear GIFs") may be included in our Site's pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or email can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
- ETag, or entity tag. A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner ETags are a form of Device Identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash, and/or HTML5 cookies.
- Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user).
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- Targeting-Related. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests on our Site and third-party services based on how you interact with our advertisements and/or content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content and ads that have been delivered to you.
Our Site may use location-based services in order to verify your location, deliver you relevant content and ads based on your location as well as to share your location with our vendors as part of the location-based services we offer. You may be able to change the settings on your Device to prevent it from providing us with such information. You should consider the risks involved in disclosing your location information.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
Interactions with Third-Party Services
Information You Provide About a Third Party
You may send someone else a communication from the Site, such as sending an invitation to a friend. If so, the information you provide (names, email addresses, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used by us for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality on our Site, your contact information, name or username and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s). Some of these tools may be third-party tools subject to third-party privacy policies.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Specifically, however, the information we collect is most often used in the following ways:
Use of Information by Us
We use your Personal Information, Demographic Information, or Usage Information for a variety of purposes:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use this Site;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
- to comply with licensing requirements;
- for security or fraud prevention purposes;
- to improve our products and services to make it easier to do business with us, including to perform research that will help us design future products;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- for internal business purposes; and
Use of Information for Job Purposes
Where you have provided us with Personal Information or Demographic Information as part of an online application for employment or internship, we may use that information in order to allow us to make an informed decision about whether to proceed with your application. We may, as part of this recruitment process, collect information about your education, employment history and similar matters. Where this Personal Information or Demographic Information is considered to be sensitive, you expressly consent to our processing of this information for recruitment purposes by submitting it to us.
How and When We Share Information with Third Parties
We may provide your information to third parties under various circumstances as described in this section.
When You Request Information from or Provide Information to Third Parties
You may be presented with an option on our Site to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from third parties, such as funeral homes, or to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information you disclose will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their Tracking Technologies, content, tools, apps or ads on our Site or link to them from our Site. This may include using third-party tools such as Facebook, Twitter, HubSpot or other third-party posting or content sharing tools and by so interacting you consent to such third-party practices. We will do our best to alert you when interacting with a third-party tool on our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
Carefully Selected Third Parties Providing Services on our Behalf
We may use carefully selected third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Site, such as: (i) to assist us in Site operations; (ii) to manage a database of customer information; (iii) hosting the Site; (iv) designing and/or operating the Site's features; (v) tracking the Site's activities and analytics; (vi) enabling us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services; and (vii) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including Device Identifiers and Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Third-party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, potentially including Personal Information, about you.
To Protect the Rights of DIG and Others
Affiliates and Business Transfer
We reserve the right to assign or transfer your Personal Information to any successor in interest to our business associated with the Sites including, but not limited to, by merger, reorganization, consolidation, sale of all or substantially all of our assets or equity interests or operation of law.
In Aggregate or Deidentified Form
We use information collected through this Site to create a compiled, aggregate view of usage patterns. We may share aggregate information with third parties so we and they can better understand our user base. We may also share with third parties, information about how particular individuals use this Site, but only on a de-identified basis ("Individualized Data"). Individualized Data is non-identified, but it does reflect the usage patterns of a particular Site user, as opposed to Site users collectively. We may provide basic demographic information (gender and age) in conjunction with providing Individualized Data.
Promotions, Surveys, Offers
We may offer surveys, offers, and other promotions (any, a "Promotion") through the Site that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion's official rules, such as on a winners list.
How We Store and Protect Your Information
Data storage and transfer
Keeping your information safe
We care about the security of your information and use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological security safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through our website. Such security safeguards are intended to be appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information collected. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Online Tracking and Advertising
We may share, or we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media networks or other third party services, to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Sites as well as on other websites or apps, or on other devices you may use.. This information is used to display targeted ads on or through our Site or on other sites and services, including on Facebook and Google. We or the online advertising networks use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. You may be able set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your browser or device.
Some third parties may offer you certain choices regarding their practices. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third-parties' opt-out options or programs.
Does Third-Party Content, Links to Third-Party Sites and/or Third-Party Apps Appear on the Site?
Your Choices and Control Over Your Personal Information
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose the information you provide on or through this Site. We strive to provide choices to you at the right moment and in a meaningful location on the Site.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this policy, unless otherwise required or permitted by law. For example, we keep your account profile information for as long as you have an active service or account with us, but we may keep your historical transaction data longer to comply with legal obligations.
Managing Your Personal Information
You may have the right to request: (i) access to your Personal Information; (ii) a copy of your Personal Information; or (iii) correction of your Personal Information, if it is incomplete or inaccurate, If you have a request regarding your Personal Information that cannot be fulfilled from your account management settings on the Site, please contact us. We may require you to provide additional documentation regarding your request for verification purposes before changing or deleting your information. Such written requests should be sent to the contact information found in the "Contact Us" section provided below.
Managing Your Notifications
If you have an account with us, you can opt-out of receiving our marketing communications by modifying the preferences in your account settings. Alternatively, you can opt-out by contacting us. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Site, such as administrative and Site announcements and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications. Contact details are in the "Contact Us" section below.
We do not knowingly market to, collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on the Site. In accordance with the U.S. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13 without the required parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is reasonably possible.
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns, please use our secure privacy form.
Directors Investment Group, Inc.
c/o Privacy Request
6550 Directors Pkwy
Abilene, TX 79606